well, i guess this is my homepage... there's not all that much to tell about
i have a BS degree in computer science (i graduated in 1999 at the
computer science department
of the university of craiova).
sf fan. my favourite book series are dune - frank herbert, foundation - isaac asimov and
ender's - orson scott card.
i listen to very different kinds of music (no particular order):
Tudor Gheorghe, Vama Veche,
Stevie Ray Vaughan,
Kenny Wayne Shepherd,
Paul van Dyk,
i work as a network engineer for
GTS Telecom (AS5606, AS5588) - former kpnQwest Romania.
i am certified under the CCNATM and CCNPTM programs.
i am a linux user since 1994: here's my linux counter page.
i started to appreciate bsd since i discovered the bsd kern.securelevel sysctl(8) variable.
i have a small poem from two old friends
by Brenda Gombola
My friends mean everything to me,
Because the love of friends will always be,
No matter if friends are sometimes far apart,
They will always be in your heart,
Just as we pass and reach a higher plain,
Friendships will always remain.
got and gone
- Pete Welcher's Good Stuff
an archive of CiscoWorld articles.
- Rob's Document Collection -- a very good collection of howtos and templates written by Rob Thomas.
- Essential IOS features every ISP should consider -- Lessons from people who have been operating backbones since the early days of the Net
- Project DOTU,
undocumented CISCO IOS commands
- NetFlow tools: here and here and the flow-tools package here.
- Avi Freedman's page (Chief Network Architect for Akamai) -- articles, presentations etc.
- RouterGod Magazine. nice cisco zine ;^)
- CISCO related mailing lists:
- cisco-nsp AT puck DOT SPAMDEADANDBURRIED nether DOT net (subscribe via cisco-nsp-request)
- cisco-nas AT REMOVE external DOT cisco DOT com (old datasys.net mailing list, subscribe via mailer)
- cisco AT SPAMISBAD lug DOT ro -- romanian cisco mailing list hosted by Linux Users Group Romania, subscribe via ecartis)
- Some articles worth reading (if you haven't read them already):
- VIM (Vi IMproved)
my text editor since 1995 (this page was written using VIM).
- i got the font used in this page from
emerald city fontwerks, the home of augie. pay them a visit.
- Two writings by ESR:
- bust the junk out of your life using this piece of software:
the Internet JunkBuster.
- penguins at the Biodôme de Montréal.
courthesy of MontréalCAM
- aside this is the Linux' logo,
i just love them.
- Pictures from Romania (Craiova - Romanescu Park, Cozia Mt. etc)
- Auto Map of Romania
- Illustrated History of Romanians
si Istoria Romanilor
- A Sinclair ZX Spectrum emulator for Linux -- this is the best Spectrum emulator i've ever seen. and you can grab some games from here.
- The Australian Nordic Ski Instructor Manual and PMTS Online Ski Lesson, for those that are trying to learn (just like me).
- if you are up to buying a 35mm SLR camera: get a Nikon F80 or Nikon D70.
- Advanced Installer by Philip, Catalin Rotaru and their team at CAPHYON, a Romanian company.
- <oxygen/> XML Editor by the team at syncRO, also a Romanian company.
- logo design services, if you need a logo for your company.
what i use
i tried to make this page with download speed in mind. the images have 11KB,
this php file has 10KB and
easystat has 400 bytes.
overall i have less
than 30KB in my page. that means less than 30 seconds on a 14.4Kbps modem.
and everything under half a minute i consider resonable.
and see what others wrote.
some links are broken at the writing of this file but i hope to have them
i'd like to have your thoughts written in my guestbook. not too much, a couple of
words and an email address. write them here:
copyright © 1996-2001 mkm
m (at) DIESPAMDIE mkm (dot) ro
Made in Romania